Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 5 Tech Tip: Google Site Background

For this week's tech tip, I'm going to write about how one can customize his/her Google Site's background page. I decided to customize my storybook in order to fit the dark theme. Since the title of my storybook is Hera's Hennessy, I wanted the background of the website to reflect a bar or bottles of alcoholic drinks. I browsed Google images to find images of a dark bar scene, and I found the perfect one! I saved that image to my desktop, and I uploaded the image to my Google site. In the settings, there is an option to upload an image to customize the background. After selecting the image, you can choose whether to repeat the image in the background or to stretch it out. I decided to repeat the image since I thought it would look neater. My finish product can be found at this link: https://sites.google.com/site/mythologystorybook337/

I'm pretty pleased with it! I hope it exhibits the mood that I'm trying to portray on the storybook.

Image of a bar. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment