Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Week 5 Growth Mindset: Take Some Time to Reflect

I did it. After all these years, I have finally reached my dream. I've been accepted to OU College of Medicine, and I couldn't be happier! First came the shriek of overwhelming excitement. Then the tears of joy came, but at last came the quiet reflection. After all the emotional craziness passed, I just laid in bed and thought about everything (and I mean EVERYTHING). I thought about the day in middle school when I decided that I would pursue a healthcare career. I thought about all the hours of studying in high school and in college. Most of all, I thought about the sacrifices that I've made. My mind became flooded with memories of stress and worries: college, shadowing, volunteering, MCAT, committee interview, waiting for an interview invitation, practicing for the real interview, post-interview wait, and finally the decision. I actually made it through everything, and it was done one step at a time. I thought the meme below was appropriate for this week's growth mindset. In my opinion, after a huge success or even a failure, everyone should take a few minutes and reflect. In my own reflection, I've learned that anything can be done with hard work and a great support system.

Reflection. Source.

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nicole, I have been watching your blog, hoping for this good news, and I am so glad the news came at last. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I am really happy for you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete