Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 5 Learning Challenges: Meditation

For this week's learning challenge, I decided to try a meditation technique. I learned about introspection in my personal health class. In class, we were taught that introspection was an individual's ability to evaluate oneself in certain situations. We also learned that the average population lacks introspection, and that we should practice introspection in order to learn about ourselves. Therefore, I decided to take at least 15 minutes of my day to meditate and practice introspection. It was quite interesting. For the situations that stressed me out, I questioned why they caused me so much stressed. I found out that I lacked confidence in myself which is what causes so much stress. I've also realized that I'm easily influenced by the people around me, more easily than what I'd  like to  admit. One thing that I haven't tried yet is to record myself speaking and look into a mirror while playing the recording. My personal health professor told the class that this activity would give us insight of how other perceive us, but on a superficial level. I wonder how I look and sound like to others.

In the future, I'm going to try to give myself more time for reflection. It helps me review my day and also to calm down a bit. It's also a nice break from the rush of life. Maybe we should hit the pause button every once in the while instead of fast forwarding.

Self-Reflection. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment