Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 2: Famous Last Words

What a week it has been! My classes are slowly picking up the pace, but I'm always ready for the challenge. I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to find the balance between friends, family, school, and work, but so far it's been pretty great! It only took me seven semesters to master time management.

 Something that's bitter sweet that occurred this week was the announcement that my boss made that the pharmacy was cutting back hours for the technicians. I'm down to working just 16 hours a week rather than the 25 hours that I have been working for months. Although my paychecks will be smaller, I'm really happy that I'll have an extra day to myself. It gives me the opportunity to catch up on homework and get ahead in my classes.

Tomorrow is February! You know what that means? I'll finally find out if I'm rejected, wait-listed, or accepted to medical school. I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time, and I can't take it anymore! I have had my patience tested before, but this is a whole new level. I've been thinking about what my reaction would be for each decision. If I'm rejected, I know I'll be sad the entire day. I know for a fact my friends would cheer me up. They know that I worked really hard for this moment. I'm sure it would be hard to accept, but I'll pick myself up. If I'm wait-listed, I'd be content because at least I still have a chance! If I'm accepted...Oh  man if I were to be accepted... It would truly be the best day of my life. I don't even know I would be able to contain my happiness. But I guess I'll just have to find out.
The dream. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment