Saturday, January 23, 2016

Week 1 Growth Mindset

YES! I love learning more about growth mindset, and I'm happy that growth mindset continues to be part of an extra credit assignment. I have never heard of the growth mindset philosophy or of Carol Dweck until last semester when I was enrolled in the Epics of India class. The growth mindset blogs were part of the extra credit curriculum, and by far were my favorite assignments. Ever since then, I have talked about the idea of growth mindset with my family and friends. Whenever they felt like they couldn't achieve their goal, I would talk to them about growth mindset and the idea that they must value their effort. I had a very fixed mindset before learning about growth mindset. I thought that I couldn't improve. Why waste my time? Then, I began to change my perspective on challenges. I began to write down all of my accomplishments, and I realized that I CAN improve. I CAN face challenges. I CAN do this. Rejection and failure no longer define my intelligence. In fact, they are just reminders that I need to work a little harder because I wasn't there just yet.

Goals for this semester include acing my classes and graduating. Initially, I was afraid of the challenges from my capstone class, but I know that as long as I put in the effort, I can do well. Overall, I'm very excited to learn more about about growth mindset and how I can apply the philosophy towards future challenges.

No challenge is too great. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment