Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Storybook Favorites

The past storybooks were amazing! I was really impressed with the amount of work that people out into their storybooks in order to bring their stories into life! The storybooks that caught my attention are listed below:

1) The Demons of Latin America (https://sites.google.com/site/thedemonsoflatinamerica/la-llorona/introduction/home)

The topic of this storybook appeared interesting because my roots are in Latin America. What was crazy was that the storybook included mythological creatures that used to haunt me in my childhood! El Cucuy  and La Llorona were stories that my parents would tell my siblings and me in order to scare us to obey their orders. They would say "never run away from home or el Cucuy will catch you!" I loved the topic and how the storybook formatted the introduction in the point of view of the monsters.


La llorona taking children to the river. Source.




2) Secret Life of Titans (https://sites.google.com/site/secretlifeoftitans/)


I chose to browse through this particular storybook because I heard about the Titans, but I wasn't too familiar with them. The theme of the storybook was formatted around each titan telling their own story in a family reunion. It was interesting to hear each titan's story in their own perspective.

3) Gossip Greeks (https://sites.google.com/site/mythfolkstory/home)

The title of this storybook caught my attention because it reminded me of Gossip Girl. It's entertaining to hear how people gossip about the lives of others. I read through the introduction, and it was humorous! A storyteller corrects the rumors of a group gossiping ladies which I thought was a nice touch for an introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment