Sunday, March 20, 2016

Week 10 Growth Mindset: From Day One

This will be my last post for Mythology and Folklore! I know I titled this post as a growth mindset challenge, but I didn't participate in any new challenges. However, I would like to talk about how this particular class made me grow. I'll be honest, I took Epics of India last semester because I needed a filler class, and my friend suggested Epics of India because there were no exams. In short, it was an easy A. I never thought I would enjoy the class as much as I did! My creativity for story telling has improved dramatically. In the beginning, I was rusty on developing characters and interesting plots. Now, several ideas for stories come to me with ease. I enrolled in Mythology and Folklore because I wanted to continue writing creatively. However, I noticed that I was more engaged in one particular assignment: growth mindset.

I was first exposed to growth mindset in last semester's class. Ever since that first week of school, I looked more into the growth mindset philosophy and its research. Everything that I read, every challenge that I participated in, and every blog post that I wrote taught me something new. I never thought that I would learn so much about myself through this assignment. I've learned that I can do anything as long as I accept the challenge in front of me. I've also learned that failure doesn't define me; it's either a lesson or an opportunity. Through the growth mindset assignments, I have learned to reflect on myself and practice introspection. I've realized that I must acknowledge my accomplishments, as well as my failures, and learn that it has made me the person that I am today.

All in all, I greatly appreciate the lessons that this class has taught me. Although I will be ending this class a few weeks earlier, I know I'll forever practice the growth mindset philosophy.

Growth Mindset: stretching my brain since day one. Source.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post, Nicole!!! As you can guess, I am really glad that the growth mindset part of class was so useful to you. And what great timing: you took the class at just the right time... and given how well growth mindset has gone so far, I hope I can keep GROWING this part of the class (!) to make it more useful for future students too. And that is so cool that you are finished with class so early...!!!!!!! I will make sure to read your Storybook today; I am glad I get to visit it one more time! :-)

    ReplyDelete